CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 21, 2012

2 Weeks to Go!!!!

Well, there is only two more glorious weeks of summer and then school begins again.  I am so very excited about this school year it is scarey!  It seems as though the summer has flown by, but when does it not?

I have put up my Power Pix walls in my new classroom.  The pictures seem a little darker than I had wanted, but you can see them okay.  Last year, I used the power pix and my students LOVED them.  So, we will bring them back for another year.  It was a very important part of my daily instruction and I feel as though it is a huge benefit for any classroom.

This year, I am limited to bulletin board space.  Quite frankly, I have NONE!  So, I have made my own on my concrete walls, one on each side of the window.  It actually worked out nicely, and the children will have no problem interacting with it (laser pointer with shapes)!


I tried to incorporate 1 Power Pix a week that correllated to what the weekly skill was that we were focusing on.  I keep the Pix on the main teaching wall until it is mastered then we add it to the Power Pix board.  I choose a Pix leader and everyday we choose a row and column to review.  My students love it, it makes them feel like the teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment